Why do we need to know what waste you have?
It is important to know what waste type that you have as to match the bin size with your needs and then to ensure that once a bin is filled it can be lifted by one of our trucks and transported safely.
Also by knowing the waste type it helps us to better manage what type of waste can go to a particular waste recycling centre or transfer station for sorting. Sometimes this may result in an opportunity to offer a discount on some types of waste.
General light waste
- Household and office waste – clothes, toys, kitchenware, boxes, plastics etc.
- Light building – timber, wood etc,
- Furniture and appliances – white goods, lounges, mattresses etc
- Green waste – lawn clippings, shrubs, small branches
- Bricks and concrete
- Sand and soil
- Roof tiles
- Pebbles and crushed rock
- Tree trunks and stumps (no more than 50cms in length and 30cms in diameter)
Please be aware that our large 8m³ and 10m³ skip bins do have weight restrictions and are unsuitable to be used for heavy waste.
What can’t I put in a Skip Bin?
Due to current environmental legislation the following types of waste are not allowed to be disposed of in skip bins:
- Asbestos – If any asbestos is found in one of our bins, an extra fee will be incurred (please see our Terms and Conditions for further information)
- Hazardous waste
- Car and truck tyres
- Liquid waste such as paint and oil etc.
- Gas bottles