Posted on Monday, August 15th, 2016
At Bonza Bins we are experts in bin rental for large cleanup projects. We recognise that many times, our customers don’t know how to handle their clutter. So, here are a few tips to help you solve clutter issues.
Decide on the Desired Outcome
When starting a major cleanup, it helps to determine what you are trying to accomplish. There are as many reasons to clear clutter as there are clutter clearers, but here are a few tips to help you decide.
- If you are dealing with a severely cluttered environment that needs to be neater, it may be best to remove everything and add things back until you have what you need.
- If you are just trying to gain more space, but love and use all of your belongings, invest in proper storage to make things more usable.
- If you are making a major life change, hold out the things that are truly valuable and remove the rest to make room for new things.
Dealing with Stored Items
Many of us have attics, basements, garages and other storage areas filled with items in bins and boxes. Dealing with these spaces presents its own challenges.
- Has the item been used since it was stored? If not, is it seasonal and will be used, or otherwise valuable? If not, toss it out.
- Don’t know whose stuff that is? Unless it looks like valuable antiques, or family photos, toss it out.
- Have items that you would use in everyday life, but just don’t have space? Make space by getting rid of something you don’t use, or find a suitable storage solution that makes it usable.
The key to remember is that this should be reducing your stress, not adding to it. It may be beneficial to enlist the help of a friend who is not sentimental to help you get rid of unwanted items. Let us know how much that will be, and we’ll gladly help with the carry off.